Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Story


I started to CrossFit in the outdoor boot camps in February 2007. At the time, I was overweight, overstressed and overwhelmed with my previous failed efforts to get into better physical shape, and inability to keep up with my three girls. I've never been athletic - so this was all new to me.
With both parents overweight and dealing with being Type 2 diabetic, having limited mobility and in generally poor health - I did not want to follow that path. More importantly I have three girls to raise and wanted to lead by example.
I was intimated at first - but after each work out and the encouragement I got from Coach Jeremy Thiel and my friends who joined with me - I was enthused to stick with it and although it took a while and tested my patience - I started seeing results after a few weeks - and notable weight loss after a couple months. I became obsessed in tracking metrics - which was very motivting to me - even though my husband eventually hid the scale. After a few months in the program, I picked up taking Advocare supplements and following the Zone diet - which accelerated my progress.

Two years later, I'm down 5 sizes and have lost lots of weight, inches and body fat. More importantly, I...

Am stronger

Am faster

Am more confident in my self - physically and mentally

Am energetic

Am proud

A better example for my family and friends
Have finished several race events including several 5k, a 10k, 3 triathlons, bike races, the muddy buddy...

Importantly, I have made great friends along the way who are all a positive influence on my life and keep me motivated to CrossFit and live a healthy lifestyle. I enjoy going out in public now - and am confident in myself where as beforehand, I just hoped to melt into the walls and not really be noticed. Now I'm also working for CrossFit Central and it's brought such a positive impact on my life to be surrounded with confident, caring, energetic people who have the goal to positively influence the lives of others - and it rubs off! Though I enjoy tracking my weight and measurement metrics - the improvement in my life overall - both mentally, physically simply can't be calculated.