Friday, January 2, 2009

Run record

Longest run for me today - 7 miles. Did a few 10k last year, and found it hard - well 7 miles was no walk in the park (or fun run on the trail), but did it -- about 11 minute mile pace which seems so very slow. Not sure how I will double that distance - but 2009 has just started and I will not waiver on this goal. Will get better as BMJ and I focus on running to prepare for the Zooma half in April.

When I start to run, the first thing and the most often thing that crossses my mind is "when can I stop"... I think I've always despised running since my high school track coach (which track was a required class, or I'd have been in the band hall) decided I should run the 3-mile, I think because there were no others in class who qualified to take on another event. I always finished last and it was always the last event of the meet - so everyone seemed to be waiting on me. Thank God you only have to do high school once.

Well, I got new shoes today at Rogue - (where Coach Jessica holds her boot camps...) Surely I'll be faster in my new blue and silver flyers.