Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Monsters Go Away


I'm putting up this post with a little trepidation - as there's the whole female thing of not wanting anyone to know what you weigh, or your age. Well I'm just going to be brave and show you my measurements - and my turning 40 was pretty well publicized last year.
So - I'm doing this for Mel - cause she's followed my same path in a way - and she worries about that monster that will sneak back into the closet and pull down the larger size clothes from that bin at on the top shelf. Hate that monster. And for those other gals out there in the CrossFit program who are keeping faith in the "no more freaking excuses" mantra.

So almost 2 years ago - I started wtih CrossFit, with seriously following the Zone, food logging and taking Advocare. It took me a year to take off 68lbs and 45 inches. This would have been Feb 08.

Looking across the last 10 months (Feb 08 to today), I've been a devoted attender to my Lake Pointe boot camp, did my best to get into the gym at least once for a "Carey attitude adjustment" and I started this whole fun side training stuff like Cap10k, Danskin, etc... I've kept up my Advocare, but will admit I dropped of food journaling, lost my intent focus on the Zone (though I'd say I'm in "Zone favorable" land 70% of the time), and hadn't done a body assessment since June 08. I used to go every month.

So - I did body assessment this week - and was worried. If those numbers went up, how would I cope? Would that monster show up? How much ground had I lost? Fortunate for me - I'm happy with the metrics - which is why I think I decided to post them. I've not changed much in terms of the scale, but I've dropped another 8 inches.

What does this mean to me? It's good and bad. It's good, cause I've not gone backward into the grips of the monster - my committment to CrossFit, Advocare and eating in my "Zone favorable land" has kept me stable. It's bad - cause I've wasted time not doing more to be healthier, smaller, fitter, stronger... but what a nice time of year to figure this all out.... New Year's resoluion planning is here and I AM CROSSFIT is the program I will use to get back on track.

Take that, monster. And you aren't welcome at Mel's house either - nor any of my CrossFit friends.