Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Yes, you have to eat your veggies...



This is my new screen saver. I'm three days away from starting the I Am CrossFit program and I'll have to do body measurements, start my food log (Oh, Carey - I mean continue with my food log), eat on the Zone, take my Advocare and Juice Plus supplements - and in general be a strict girl. This is good since my goals are to lose 15 lbs and run a half marathon in April, among other things. This is the kick-start I need. So - this photo is actually my encouragement... When I'm about to fall off the wagon, I will envision "The Gov" saying, "why are you eating those Teddy Grahams" or maybe "no, you don't need ice cream" or even, "yes, you have to get your run in with BMJ today"... no excuses.

Ran 3 miles yesterday morning and made it to the work out at the gym too - Today, can't move. Taking turns with my partner Suzy, - 5 rounds max reps of the dreaded wall ball (3rd worst hated movement behind burpies and jumping pullups) and dead lifts - used 85lb bar. Think our combined score was 417. Today, I feel like I've been beaten with a steel pole - and it's a great feeling (except when in the process of standing or sitting, or trying to roll over in bed). I LOVE CROSSFIT.