Tuesday, January 13, 2009

9am CrossFit = Humbling Experience?

Humility, or being humble, is the defining characteristic of an unpretentious and modest person, someone who does not think that he or she is better or more important than others. The opposite of humility is pride (as defined on Wikipedia).

Ok - not sure if today's work out was humbling, or if after finishing it I had a pride-ful demeanor, because I did finish, whilst the urge to give up and go to Starbucks floated in my brain.

21-15-9
Woman makers (sprawl-pushup-renegade row-clean/press)
In/Outs
Ring incline pull ups
Sprint the parking lot

Finished in just under 20 minutes, but I could have pushed myself harder which I realized after I was done.

More on humility to finish off my thoughts today:
Humility or humbleness is a quality of being courteously respectful of others. It is the opposite of aggressiveness, arrogance, boastfulness, and vanity. Humility is the quality that lets us go more than halfway to meet the needs and demands of others. A demeanor of humility is exactly what is needed to live in peace and harmony with all persons. Humility dissipates anger and heals old wounds. Humility allows us to see the dignity and worth of all God's people. Humility distinguishes the wise leader from the arrogant power-seeker. Acting with humility does not in any way deny our own self worth. Rather, it affirms the inherent worth of all persons (twopaths.com).