Monday, June 9, 2008

Tri-Freakin'-Wonderful

It's been a long running dream of mine to do the Danskin Tri. I don't know why - I suppose that if I sat on a couch in a counselors office, it would come out that I was frustrated with never being very physially fit - but I'm a tough gal. I think being raised on a farm did that for me - the tough mentality that you just pitch in and get stuff done. I have one of those rather stubborn attitudes when someone tries to tell me I can't do something. Ask Don - he wonders what gets into me sometimes when I get that "get out of my way, I'll do it" attitude.

I think that's why I dig CrossFit Central so much. In the gym or at boot camps - the coaches put those work out orders in front of you and it's up to you -- how hard are you going to work? How successful do you want to be? How much do you want to change? How tough are you?

Well, I'm tough enough to finish the Danskin Tri in 1:49:57. My realistic goal was under 2 hours. My "wouldn't it be great goal" was 1:45. In between-- good enough for me - until next year.

Pictured - My gal pals - who are all CrossFitters -- one tough group of "take no prisoners" ladies - Carla, Sarah, Irene, Karen, Nicole and Kelly - I love them all. We trained together, swam/biked/ran together on Sunday. Girl power. Love it!