Monday, August 24, 2009

Fight Gone Bad '09


I competed in FGB event last year - was pleased to come in 2nd in the intermediate heat, following my pal Mel. It was pretty cool that us two 40-year old crossfitters took the top two spots, in the "play it safe" division. FGB is coming again - and if you are on the fence about joining - just do it. It's fun - it's rewarding, and I hear there will be breakfast tacos ... maybe. I'll do any CF WOD if there are breakfast tacos to follow. I would even agree to chase the back side of BMJ (again!), on our next run if she'll take me for a Texaco breakfast taco (S. 620 - the best, really). ANYway... If you can't participate, then sponsor a CFC athlete (or me). We are raising money for a great cause, and it's going to be an event you will not want to miss. Not shown in photo above -Zachary yelling at me to hurry up. I sneered at him during the work out, might have even said a few not so nice things - but gave him my "thanks for pushing me like only you can do" hug at the after party. Also not shown and I have no photo-proof, Don rooting for me while eating a large muffin for the duration of round #3. He had of course just finished a run, but still...