Saturday, April 11, 2009

Zooma Post #4

Maybe my last post about Zooma - a week has gone by... on to the next thing. However, what really got me thru the Zooma was music. I have to have something going on in my head other than my own thoughts while running (and most of the time really)... and being a former band geek and drum major - I sometimes have to march to the tempo. I flip out if my iPod is out of battery on a run... I forgot my earbuds once and was going to pay someone big money on the trail to give theirs up - but then, there's that ear wax thing... yuck.

Anyway - songs give me power to perservere. My top 10 Zooma picks were, not in order of importance:

1. Any way you want it - Journey (fav band ever)
2. Hero - Foo Fighters (got me thru mile 11 - Don is my hero for running 2x this distance)
3. Girlfriend - Avril Lavine (cheezy, but love it - keeping up with that beat gave me 9min miles)
4. Be Yourself - Audioslave (really, just be yourself)
5. Origninal Prankster - OffSpring ("you can do it...")
6. Ray of Light - Madonna (quicker than a ray of light, I'm flying)
7. I Melt with You - Modern English (solid 80s tune)
8. Snow (hey oh) - RHCP (One of many RHCP, but this is fav)
9. What I like About You (a Tina tribute and S. Padre memory song)
10. Suicidal Blonde - INXS (me trying half marathon)

But favorite tune was Bad Mamma Jamma - which got me up the moster hill at mile 12. My nickname for Kelly is BMJ - so as I listened, it told me to get up that hill and press on.