Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh, Hell Yeah!!!!

At first, which would have been early October, I was a reluctant turkey - hearing about the program, and thinking - oh, I'd not want to let a team down. The whole "last picked in dodge-ball in elementary school" fright set in. But I ended up saying hell-yeah, and I was a turkey on Zachary's Zone-Out Turkeys team. Next, I was a homeless turkey when that team dissolved, then I planned to just sleep in that day, and then, I was put on John DelPeral's team - Tabata Turkeys. What an AWSOME stroke of luck for me. JDP, Richard, Walter, Havalah, Beth, Ashley and me... took the top prize in this morning's Lean Turkey Sprint. I have to say, the work out was daunting - and I was nervous sick to my stomach before it all started... but that's part of what I love about CrossFit. Get outta your comfort zone and can the excuses. Like JDP said, while our shirts said "i>u", it was that WE were greater than those other 6 teams -- today anyway. Great coaching and strategy JDP - and to my other teammates congrats, it was fun AND, let's eat!! I like my steak medium rare, please.