Sunday, October 26, 2008

LiveStrong 45mile Bike



I definitely underestmated this one - but oh, crazy Kelly said, let's go for it and next thing I knew, I had some rather unflattering red bike pants, but a cool jersey and a date to see roads I have never been on in Dripping Springs, Wimberly, and at some point, surely we were in San Antonio.

Crazy Kelly has a new nickname - Bad Mamma Jama (henceforth known as BMJ). She flew past Jacquelyn and I about mile 20 maybe - skipping two rest stations that were like a magent to us and we never saw her again. BMJ is a freaking rock star - running 14 miles the day before for her half marathon training.

So, as I type this post, it's now about 7 hours after a ride that took me 3.5 hours -- and I love Advil. I will not be able to move w/out pain until Tuesday. Leonardo was a trooper over all the chip seal and cattleguards (I counted at least 100 of them - ok maybe 20), and bless Jacquelyn for being by my side, encouraging and lamenting with me.
It was a wonderful cause, wonderful day - and I do believe Lance passed us -- or someone really important with a 6 police motorcycle and 2 car caravan - I was a little too dazed and thinking of my aching neck and back, and legs, to consider it might have been him until he was long gone... he was probably just trying to catch BMJ.