Thursday, October 23, 2008

Leonardo


My mother in law has named all of her cars... (ok, yes, for which I made fun of her in the past)... So I decided I should name my new obsession - my Bianchi Italian hot rod. The Italian form of the German word Leonhard, meaning "lion-strong." I considered many name options, but decided upon this - as it is close to my maiden name of Leonard and Leonidas (my favorite Spartan). I also considered Francesco ("free"), Vitore ("victory") and Casmiro ("great destroyer"). So my Italian will carry me thru 50+ miles at the LiveStrong race this weekend. Ok, really I got him because I was tired of those road bikes passing me on my hybrid - AND looking at Crazy Kelly's back side on our Sunday rides. Yes, I'm kind of competitive, and yes, I'm wasting time thinking of silly things like naming a bike. Back to work.