Friday, September 12, 2008

LiveStrong & Reflection


The LiveStrong race is coming -- so it's time to reflect, as this was my first "race" and quite a goal for me in Oct '07, especially for the the girl who lived by the quote - "only run if something's chasing me"...

I finished the LiveStrong 5k last year in 31.33 minutes. This time, I will be faster - though I still dread running. So - goals. Right. LiveStrong 5k in 28.8 minutes - 9 minute miles. LiveStrong 40k bike on Sunday too (shout out to my pal Crazy Kelly for talking me in to that).

I've had stable weight now for about a year. Time to take off 10 more lbs and firm up. Today, I commit myself to the Zone and to Advocare. I commit to giving Jeremy a food log (swear it). I've been doing Boot Camp and Gym 4-5 times per week. Going to keep that up -but push myself harder, cause Zach says I can. Because if Don can run his second marathon...(NY Marathon Nov 2) well, that's just amazing to me.

This last year, I ran a few 5K, a couple 10k and crazy enough, three triathalons. What a difference a year can make. My proud little collection - missing one important PBBar race (sorry Mel). My favorite you ask? Well - has to be the LiveStrong, cause it started it all (and who doesn't love Lance - except the French? Ride vent the like, Lance !). Muddy Buddy takes a close second for sure.