Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm Balboa

On the eve of Fight Gone Bad '09 - I offer out this "hollaaaarrrr" to the CrossFit coaches who changed my life - the ones who make me Balboa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie7YTZsPsH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FY-FN8CaIA - acoustic version... like this one better - get past dad lab interview....

It's kinda a CrossFit theme song for me, maybe a few others will relate... Check out Cruiserweight - local Austin gems. Brothers and sister. Met Stella at my daughter's Girls Rock summer camp - yes, the one where they got to play at the Parish down town... Does great Journey tributes... so they hit my fav list.

Been lyin on the mat too long
I always thought I was unfit to be strong
And I thought a change would never come
But I could be wrong, wrong, wrong
Slim chance for an underdog
Glued down on my knees
I was a mess back then
I never knew when was when

New coach, you know you brought a FIRE
And smoked me out of my cave
It's a new day for the figher you are making
And my knees shaking from your
REVOLUTIONARY ways of making me strong
And kicing my ass in gear every day
I think like it this way, cause...

I'm balboa, I'm not afraid...
You know you made me this way
I'm finally seizing the day
You know you made me this way
And everying coming in,
Everying thing going out this time
I will not be broken
I'm balboa,
I'm taking names,
I'm not afraid...
You know you made me this way


Blowing my own horn is not what I should do
If I'm dancing in the middle of the street, well,
Please know I know where the credit's due
Cut man in the corner of the ring
Every hook I swing is for you, darling
I am climbing the stairs every morning
New world's coming, I gotta tell you